CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Finished: Princess Diaries Series by Meg Cabot

Just finished the Princess Diaries Series the other day.

Before a couple of months ago I had never read the books. I enjoyed the movies, but never considered picking any of them up. Then I went to the library one day, and decided what the heck. I wanted to see what happened between Princess Mia (HRH Amelia Mignonette Grimaldi Thermopolis Renaldi, Queen of Genovia) and Nicholas Devereaux. I wasn't disappointed to find, that that wasn't the case. I discover that I like the characters in the book more than the ones portrayed in the film.

Okay, who doesn't like Anne Hathaway or Julie Andrews, but anyone who has read the books know how much more fun they are in the series. Grandmere is hilarious and so original. It was nice for her to have a little more grit. Mia, didn't differ much from the film. If it weren't for Anne, I probably wouldn't have liked her very much.

The series is now one of my favorites. Before it I had only read a few of Meg Cabot's books. I look forward to rereading them, so I can give the best possible reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment