CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 13, 2009

Ok, I lied

The title of this blog is a misnomer, and very misleading. This is my first blog, so, I shouldn't expect perfection. Take into account my alreally less than average existence, it's a blessing I've managed to stay committed to it. See, that's something I can't stand. Low self-esteem, lack of confidence, and of course, doubt.



At first, I was like, it's okay if I don't have anyone following me, or commenting on my blog. The reality is I do want people to comment. I want some reassurance that outside my family someone else finds me slightly interesting enough to care to entertain me, even a little bit. So, where are you people? Is this blog so completely, devastatingly boring that no one would care to glance at it?



Well, that's my rant for the day. I guess I'll keep trying. This feels like school again though. You put in the effort, but people still don't get... let me stop. This isn't high school, and I'm not a little girl anymore.



The next book I will read (I haven't forgotten about my declaration.) in addition to all the others I am currently reading, is How To Win Friends & Influence People. I think one of his most famous quotes from the book goes something like this



You will make more friends being interested in other people than by trying to get other people interested in you.



Completely ruined that. Sure, I could have quoted that better, but I haven't read the book yet, nor do I care to go searching for it. My books aren't in order right now. Besides I should be hunting for my ARCS (Haven't gotten hold of any yet). Well, I really should be getting some rest. That's the real reason. I still want my ARCS.

No comments:

Post a Comment